Gorgeous sweet pie! To accompany this rhubarb recipe, I chose an AOC Marie Forget Champagne from Oé, from Domaine Forget-Chemin. All the harvests are manual and only the grapes of the property enter into the composition of the champagne of the domain. The Domaine has been certified High Environmental Value (HVE) in level 3 since 2014. For four generations, the Forget family has been cultivating and producing a complete range of Champagne. After Eugène, Paul and Edmont, it is now Thierry, an oenologist who graduated from the faculty of oenology in Reims in 1988, who runs the estate. On tasting, the effervescence is rapid and abundant, nose of white fruits, Granny apple, unctuous and creamy mouth.
– 150g soft butter
– 100 g icing sugar
– 25 g ground almonds
- 1 egg
– 225 g of flour
– Organic bitter almond aroma
– 500g rhubarb
- In a bowl, pour the sifted flour. Then add the icing sugar. Make a well and add the egg.
- Then add the soft butter, detailing it with a knife. Knead the dough well until it comes away from the edges.
- Then add the almond powder and bitter almond extract. Mix and knead again. Film and book cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200°.
- Peel the rhubarb and cut it into small cubes.
- Roll out the dough into a 23cm diameter tart tin. ( This dough is delicious but sometimes hard to roll out. I often do it by hand, without a rolling pin. It's not perfect, but it's a rustic pie. )
- Then place the rhubarb cubes so as to distribute them over the dough.
- You can sprinkle with powdered sugar if you like. It depends on the acidity of your rhubarb.
- Bake for around 30 mins.
Enjoy your lunch !
And find more information on the wine selection on oeforgood.com .