La Belle Assiette is a concept that offers the services of home chefs at any time of the year, even for the holidays. They are present everywhere in France and also in Europe. Once the order is placed, the chefs take care of everything. They cook, enjoy their hosts, stay at the table and eat with them. A few weeks ago, we had a great time with chef Matthieu , who concocted a starter, main course and dessert for us. We paired them with 3 Oé wines selected hand in hand with Valérie, our oenologist.
Our evening with chef Matthieu from La Belle Assiette
With the team, we chose a 100% vegetarian festive meal. Matthieu, chef at La Belle Assiette, took care of the list of ingredients and used all his imagination to showcase good organic, local and seasonal products. A real treat ! Today, we present to you the chef's dessert.
Matthieu's food and wine pairing
Matthieu, also known as Monsieur Canaille , presents Crémant Oé to accompany his dessert: a delicious apple tatin in jelly, Tonka bean caramel mousse and hazelnut dacquoise. It explains in detail the choice of this agreement.
The steps of the apple tatin recipe in jelly, Tonka bean caramel mousse and hazelnut dacquoise
For 4 people :
- 75g icing sugar
- 75g hazelnut powder
- 75g egg whites (~5 whites)
- 75 g caster sugar
- 100 g liquid whipping cream
- 30g mascarpone
- 1 tonka bean
- 500 g Golden type apple (about 4-5 apples)
- 2g agar agar
- 30 cl of apple juice
- 20g butter
1st step: Making the hazelnut dacquoise
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (thermostat 6). In a salad bowl, put together the ground hazelnuts and the icing sugar.
- Whisk the egg whites, incorporating the sugar as soon as the egg whites begin to foam, then gently fold the powder mixture into the whipped egg whites.
- Pour this mixture onto a plate, trying to form 7-8 cm circles, then sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 180° then set aside to cool.
2nd step: Preparation of tatin-style apples in jelly
- Cut 4 to 5 Golden apples into a brunoise and brown them in a very hot pan with 20 g of butter and sugar
- At the same time, soften the gelatin sheets by rehydrating them in a large volume of cold water
- When the apples are candied but still slightly crunchy, add the apple juice and let the mixture heat up for a few more seconds before adding the gelatin sheets (remember to press them well between your hands to remove all the water)
- Pour the mixture into small individual cookie cutters 7 to 8 cm wide and let cool until the jelly sets
3rd step: Preparation of the Tonka caramel mousse
- Make a dry caramel by melting 25 g of caster sugar
- When the caramel has a nice color add the 100 g of lukewarm whipping cream and mix until the caramel is well melted then add the grated tonka bean and leave to infuse for ten minutes
- Cool the mixture well (ideally at least overnight) and whip everything with a mixer to obtain a nice caramel whipped cream
4th step: Training
- Place a disc of hazelnut dacquoise 7 to 8 cm wide at the bottom of a soup plate.
- On the dacquoise place the apple jelly tatin style by unmolding your cookie cutter directly on the disc of dacquoise
- For the finish, 2 options are available to you, you can either place a nice quenelle of whipped cream using a very hot spoon, or make a nice drop with a piping bag. Let your creativity speak !
It makes you want, doesn't it? The whole team wishes you an excellent tasting!
And to discover the other recipes, it’s here:
- Jerusalem artichoke mousseline and salsify roasted with sage butter
- Burrata, emulsified cream of white beans with coconut milk, oyster mushrooms sautéed with ginger and black rice
And we let you discover in pictures the beautiful evening Oé that we spent with our chef Matthieu here. Enjoy!