Autumn is approaching, we bring out the sweaters and boots. The cold, we only like it for very hot and tasty winter dishes. So with the Oé team, we decided to offer you a delicious recipe for saffron risotto with scallops to enjoy with good organic, vegan and zero pesticide wine . Let's go Simone, we explain the recipe step by step!
The recipe is for 3 to 4 people. You will have for 10 min of preparation and 30 min of cooking. Are you ready ?
- 250g Arborio rice
- 1 liter of chicken broth
- 1 small glass of white wine
- 1 shallot
- 1 good pinch of saffron
- About 4 scallops per person
- 1 knob of clarified butter (also called ghee), or 1 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 1 good handful of grated parmesan
- About 25g of butter
- Olive oil
- Salt pepper
1. Start by taking the scallops out of the fridge about an hour before cooking. Rinse them with clear water and reserve them.
2. Prepare all the ingredients for the risotto: finely chop the shallot, heat the broth in a saucepan, weigh the rice, prepare the glass of white wine, grate the parmesan and cut a knob of butter.
3. In a skillet, sweat the shallot in a little olive oil: they should become translucent but not colour. When this is the case, add the rice, and cook for about 2 minutes.
4. Then deglaze with the glass of white wine, and wait for it to be completely absorbed before adding the saffron, then a first ladle of broth. Wait until it too is completely absorbed and repeat the operation as many times as necessary to cook the rice, which must remain al dente.
5. When the rice is almost cooked, turn off the heat, add the parmesan and butter, and cover with a cloth or a pan: this is the crucial step in the mantecatura which will give your risotto even more creaminess.
6. Salt the scallops on all sides. Heat another frying pan with a knob of clarified butter or another neutral and heat-resistant fat. When it is very hot, sear the scallops for about a minute on each side.
7. Mix the risotto before presenting it in soup plates, and arrange the snacked scallops, before tasting with a glass of Bordeaux Oé .
For gourmets or for those who plan large for dinners with friends, we offer other recipes to complete: